Dream Time

In last night's dream I was with a criminal gang somehow in a shopping centre where I saw my parents. I snuck over to them and warned them not to follow me because I was with evil people. Yet they greeted me soon afterwards with the gang and I was livid. I figured my parents must have been evil people to have not been afraid of the gang. The way my cover was blown exposed me to harm. This dream illustrates that a deceptively innocent gesture of greeting someone can in fact be a threat. In other words the dream analysed the relationship between embarrassment and danger. A free won't analogy is that we're not undercover agents and so sometimes embarrassment shouldn't be too painful. Moreover viewing other people as judgemental of you as if they were evil would be cynical of you. The irony of embarrassment is that we're judging other people as being judgemental!

Last edited:
A good way to build up resilience to lucid dreaming is to walk at night. Being afraid of the dark in your bedroom might hamper your chances to lucid dream. Late night walking might be slightly more dangerous due to anti-social activity in town. Yet we shouldn't exaggerate the danger of night-time assaults either when criminals can strike during the daylight too. Besides, there won't be anyone closeby in the countryside at any time of the day to help you if you get attacked. The biggest threat of rural night-time walking is mental dissociation much as if you were alone on an island. The more you can keep a sound thoughtline during dark forest strolls the more you can entertain prolonged nightmares. Perhaps disbelievers of lucid dreaming might need to venture outside more often in the dead of night!

Screenshot_20230308_233815_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
People who sleep during daytime don't have to be afraid of the dark during bedtime. Hence lucid dreaming might be easier for night owls who sleep-in on mornings. A day-sleeper might be more receptive to complicated dreams when their mind would normally be more active at that time were they awake. Daylight that seeps through they eyelid for a dark-red vibe might be another factor that triggers awakening within a dream. Perhaps daylight is the natural version of lucid lightray gadgets!

We're unconscious in a dream because we're extremely apathetic to the hysterical changes in a dream. Last night I was in a mass where free washingpowder was handed out from the back of the church as an advertisement for a new seller. Perhaps that dream ridiculed the relationship between capitalism and religion. Later in the night's dream I was studying religion in a university. Maybe religion suits older adults returning to education when the subject centres around our mortality! Before I awoke I was in a plane before being teleported to an airport in Los Angeles. I concluded that I must have parachuted down from the plane because I couldn't remember the landing. This is an example of working backwards reasoning.

The latest dream was where I was inspecting a super-rich housing project. It resembled a ski resort in how rich an entire town was. By contrast in real life most rich people either live in a city district with poor people on the outskirts or else in other urban and rural regions in seclusion. Seeing an entire town of only rich people forced me to confront wealth inequality in a visceral way. There was a concentration of not only wealth but of rich people in unison. One tour guide informed me of how random some of the major rooms were created where no one cared about the inclusion of more rooms. As I left the tour guide I realised the door was locked and I'd to try and climb out of a narrow window. I got stuck where the tour guide helped to push me out. However he informed me to inhale hydrogen or helium to recover from the tour. Who knows if hydrogen was merely a reference for me to breathe natural air in a more focused way. However breathing helium is reminiscent of the silly tones of voices heard after inhaling a balloon. If I was on helium then this could also be an indicator of my lack of consciousness during the dream. Later in the dream I was angry and started shouldering passersby at the rich resort. However they were capable of walking faster than me where I couldn't pass them out after the push. They shouted at me to get out of the resort. Then a person said they knew that I was the militia activist as if they were familiar with my real life. Perhaps I was being kicked out of heaven!

Last edited:
Reflecting on a dream afterwards can ingrain Socratic ignorance by knowing more about factors that came out of nowhere. For example you could remember where you were in a dream but not why you were there. The more you remember a dream the more clueless you are on the growing number of causal chains.

Much like learning a new subject a way to lucid dream isn't only to stronly intend to do so but to also love dreams in general. Just imagine waking up in the morning and looking forward to next night's dreams! Dreams are mysterious and so anyone wanting to have a mysterious personality without being evil can simply claim to be a dreamer!

I gave up alcohol for well over 2 years and decided to indulge in a non-alcoholic beer today. I'd some tea beforehand and might even have two pots the rare day! Indeed I overdrank alcohol on a few occasions in the past and decided lucid and vivid dreaming was enough of a stimulant for me. Non-lucid dreamers merely need to relate to the ascetic doctrines of Buddhism to understand that happiness is counterbalanced. As such there's no limit to lucid dreaming if adherents were devout about the discipline.

One reason we might not understand the mind-body problem isn't only due to metaphysics but also the contrasting ethics of other people. Truth be told the brain is amoral simply because the brain is part of an amoral physical world. Perhaps we underestimate the effects of capitalism on the diagnosis of autism. Who knows if autistic people would be fully empathetic if we lived in a communist utopia. Perhaps the amorality of an autistic patient collides with the amorality of an individualist society such that the mindsets of others cannot be fully worked out. Each ethical system opposes evil through the allowance of different lesser evils such that ethical people might misunderstand each other. As such each ethical system might be separated by orders of magnitude of hysteria. Perhaps the way we view others as ethical is self-sacrificing on our part but inaccurate as a metaphysical assessment. Even mentally evil people are likely physically amoral if we'd the knowledge of God. For example the mere moment someone identifies as evil makes the amount of evil potentially unlimited by siding with a collectively awful worldview. As such the way some evil people might inflict more casualties than other evil people might be related to the mere circumstances of opportunistic crime. Ethics might be so abstract as to only have a trace imprint on the nervous system. Maybe viewing everyone as evil relative to our limited human understanding of the physical world might lead to a greater perception of agency even if we'd end up overly suspicious of others. Perhaps we must view others in a benevolent way in order to give them the benefit of the doubt which will compliment them into remaining ethical as part of a faith system. Yet if we were hugely popular with hundreds of close friends then who knows how we'd interpret our own temporal perception from the increased empathy. Hence lucid dreaming might have been more frequent in the ancient world simply because they all lived in close-knit tribes.

I'd an amusing dream in which I was in a brothel found an electronic plug with a wig to be erotic. It was as if the dream made fun of digital romance!

Last edited:
In a dream I was to attend my former crush's wedding. I was too upset but decided to do my good deed by waiting outside the church while they got married. I decided to leave early to avoid the awkwardness but didn't know why she didn't want me. I strolled down the street and wished I'd been more athletic. Then I saw an ostrich in a farm and yearned for really skinny legs. In the last moments of the dream I was running at top speed!

Dreams can challenge your faith system. I was booking a hotel for a tennis tournament in Turkey in last night's dream. I introspected that I wouldn't be able to meet my friends in an afterlife and only God. My dream character concluded it was up to others to show love when we're all mortal. That is to say the onus isn't just on ourselves to express love to others.

I was on a trotting horse with a young woman in a dream. We rode up to a converted castle hotel where I accidentally met relatives at a family reunion. Who knows if the trotting horse was a visual metaphor for lovemaking on all fours! Sidestepping and walking diagonally with crossover steps are the only equivalent human postures for a horse’s trot. Yet none of these human postures are capable of much speed. Perhaps you’d have to be celibate or sexually abstinent to be the most consistent runner. Abstinence is often a mantra for superstitious athletes in the days before a competition. The opposite way of thinking about it is that to run a marathon only a 3 hour love session would be a relatable form of exercise! Or maybe to be the best sprinter you’d have to be capable of finishing sex within 10 seconds!

Last edited:
Having a dream where a local woodland is bigger than it is in real life might reflect our lack of mindfulness on a walk when we’re distracted by other thoughts.

In a lucid dream two night’s ago I awoke with a blurry person beside me as if I was at a dark alleyway. I could feel a tingle in my vocal cords as if I’d been stabbed in the neck. I began praying and tried to ignore my sensory perception of the dream until I awoke in my bed. If evil were partially viewed as a mental illness then we’d realise that those who felt little pain in their life are biologically limited in their capacity to empathise with those in greater levels of pain. Hence someone’s decision to be evil might arise when they’re too relaxed in a way that’s superficially selfish but related to the problem of other minds and how others perceive their own pain. One reason for religious penance like fasting and barefoot walking is to enhance empathy for those in previously unrepeatable types of pain. Hence dreams where we are apparent victims of crime can instil empathy. Yet empathy relates to group survival rather than individual survival. So the function of dreaming might also relate to collectivism rather than individual benefits alone.

I’m amazed by the rarity of other lucid dreamers. Lucid dreaming might be beneficial in counteracting depression or even suicidal ideation. Lucid dreaming can remind you of how exotic the world can be from a different visual perspective. So maybe evolution-wise those who’ve never been mentally ill might not be able to understand lucid dreaming. That is to say lucid dreaming might be activated in the brain to defend against internal threats to mental health. I’m currently on a tennis trip in Gran Canaria. In last night’s dream I was back in my hometown in Ireland except that there was lots of baroque architecture on the streets a bit like Gran Canaria. Maybe we’re prone to underestimate the effects of architecture on our well-being. This can be a problem if buildings are too individualistic where building designs counteract each other for an overall bland street. In the dream I also walked to the outskirts of town where there was an imaginary cinema complex. Perhaps this is a reminder that towns can change radically over time even if it’s a slow process. For example young adults might not be able to relate to how drastically the world changed in the lifespan of the elderly generation. I’d to say a quick prayer when I awoke that I was back in the real world.

456D7E81-5C18-4948-901A-06FB8A00E249.jpeg
A dreamy design - Dancing House - Prague

Last edited:
In this dream I was on a small boat and sailing to various seaside ruins of ancient churches. The strange thing was that I’d a friend’s severed head who appeared to be conscious by the way I was showing the person around the ruins. Maybe the dream emphasised that we don’t have to be fully embodied in an afterlife. Or perhaps taking the perception of a head in isolation was a reminder of anti-realism where we can focus exclusively on someone’s visual perspective.

I was playing soccer back in primary school in my last dream. Vividly recalling a state of mind before teenage and adult personal challenges can help you accurately assess the level of stress you're currently under. In other words someone in constant mild stress might become habituated to a negative state of mind such that increases in stress might be unnoticed.

593CAB26-C336-474F-8183-E1A14268AA91_4_5005_c.jpeg
Maybe one reason Egypt was so mystical is that we overlook the animalism of certain polytheistic Gods. It's more polite these days to attribute them to symbolic spirits in the natural world but who knows if they were literally intended as personified animals. Imbuing an animal with a human mind might sound absurd but it'd compel you to be fully dualistic towards humans.

I often sleep on my sides or pronate where I almost never have my head straight and upright. Maybe lucid dreaming might be correlated with bent lying positions. Sometimes I don’t even have a pillow.

Last edited: